Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Katerpillar Kids


The summer after Gus died, Nik and Jake attended Katerpillar Kids. This camp is held yearly for children in grades 1-12 who have lost a loved one.

Our good friend, Chaplain Sandy, sent us information about the camp and I'm so glad she did! Pete and I thought it would be good for the boys to meet others who were experiencing loss like they were. Some of the kids had also lost siblings, but some had lost parents. At the end of camp, there was a butterfly release. I missed it because I had gone on a scrapbooking retreat...in all honesty, I'm not sure I could have handled seeing the butterflies fly away. I could now, but not back then.

Katerpillar Kids will be held this September in Townsend, TN. The camp is free and fills up quickly so you need to get your application in soon!

No comments: