Saturday, February 17, 2007

Meet Isabelle!

Isabelle is a sweet little girl who is a "near-drowning" victim. She attends school and just this past week she took some really neat Valentines to her classmates! I can tell that she has a wonderfully attentive mother and family. I found the following quote from Isabelle's blog to be so sweet and touching:

Isabelle is so healthy, she is so beautiful and she is so sweet. She is a little doll. I feel like an expectant mother, waiting for the birth of the baby. I am waiting and expectant that she is going to blossom and that she is going to do great.


There's so much I don't know about near-drownings and what therapies there are to help these people. I am looking forward to keeping up with everything going on with Isabelle and her family and I know that we all can learn from their experiences! So make sure you visit Isabelle's blog and don't forget to add her to your Prayer List.

Here are a few sites I came across that you might find helpful:

  • Article at The Doctor Will See You Now I found this article to be helpful in explaining the basics. I'm sure that there are other sites that are more detailed.
  • HUGS Foundation This is a support group for families with children who have nearly drowned.
  • Article at Answers.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had absolutely no idea of the health issues of those nearly drowned. Thanks for the eye opening information!

Anonymous said...

I had absolutely no idea of the health issues of those nearly drowned. Thanks for the eye opening information!