Thursday, February 08, 2007

Preemie Hat With Kanzashi Flower

I am so addicted to my Knifty Knitter blue loom....and I'm also addicted to making these kanzashi flowers! I first saw the kanzashi flowers over at One Hour Craft and I loved them. I'm trying to figure out how to make the flower detachable so that it can be added to the hat...or not. I don't want to use a pin back because it's a preemie hat. It will come to me....








I wish I could fix that little...skinny...petal there on the left!

Here's what I've made so far. Jake has made five I believe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what sweet little hats!
I just happened to read your journal; about your dream; you must have been so sad.
your blog is hugely inspirational.

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
When I was making the little collars for Emma's trach. , I used velcro to attach them at the back. I got some at Wal-Mart that was a smooth type finish (not like the regular velcro, and it had a super stick quality to it. I love the little hats you are making. I would love to learn how to do them.
Still want to come see you sometime - maybe this summer.
Take care.
Carole

Kat said...

As a mother of a former preemie, I loved that people mad and donated tiny hats for the babies. It was such a sweet blessing.

tidesong ♫ said...

I am interested in learning how to make preemie hats -- my mother is a nurse at the NICU here, and she says they are always running out of hats for the babies. Can I ask which loom you used, and approximate dimensions? Thank you!