Monday, January 08, 2007

Playing Catch-Up...




I am waaaay behind in my ASL (American Sign Language) class and I need to play some "catch-up". I'm going to be hanging out withDr. Bill over at LifePrint and use his free online curriculum to do this! LifePrint is probably my most favorite ASL site...it is very easy to follow and there are photos and animations. Dr. Bill's site is set up in lessons and really goes into teaching about the Deaf culture. There's also a section titled "Baby's First Signs". There are other online ASL dictionaries that I like too...ASLPro is one of them.


I started learning ASL because Gus was bilaterally and profoundly deaf. I am continuing to learn ASL in hopes that I will be able to communicate with other special needs kids...not only those who are deaf or hard-of-hearing but also those who are challenged in other ways. It is a beautiful language that I encourage you to try out!!

No comments: