Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prayers Needed for Kari

Ok, Prayer Warriors...I've got a little gal that needs your prayers! Her name is Kari...she is just a few days old and she has an incomplete aorta, an aortic valve that is too small and she has a hole between the bottom 2 chambers of her heart. Needless to say, this little chick has some serious medical issues and she and her family need our ongoing prayers.

Kari was airlifted to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) last night. The docs there at CHOP are very familiar with the type of surgery she will need and are better equipped to handle it all. Friends of the family made sure that Kari's mom made it to Philadephia in a timely manner...they provided her a charter flight! Seriously, I think that is soooo nice....I was so pleased to hear that mom was able to get to her quickly.

Kari also has two sibling, I believe, so say some extra prayers for them also.

If you have a desire to send an e-card to Kari through CHOP, please e-mail me and I'll pass along the info.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Channel said...

I am so glad I found your site! I am currently working on a site for a little girl in our community who has neuroblastoma. Find her story here: http://threechannels.com/?p=216

I don't have her sidebar button done yet but when I do, could you direct me to places/sites that might post that?

You are blessing so many through your ministry.

Thank you!