Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Grief Dream #1

Having strange dreams after your child has died is very common. At first, my dreams would completely wear me out. I was emotionally, menatally even physically drained after a night of dreaming of Gus. The dreams weren't scary...just hard work. It was my minds way of processing what had happened...the fact that Gus was no longer here with me. Grief is hard, hard work my friends so if you find yourself having these types of dreams and they are hard to get through...remember that you're not alone and that this is perfectly normal!

Grief Dream #1

I'm sure this is not my first grief dream but it is the first one I documented.

September 13th, 2006

We had taken Gus back to the NICU docs for his yearly physical. Dr. Nalle was supposed to see us...we waited for quite some time and then Dr. Wooldridge came in and told us that Dr. Nalle had the "trots" (aren't dreams funny!) and that he wouldn't be in to see us. He asked if it would be ok if Dr. GaLoop could see us and we said that would be fine....I have no idea who Dr. GaLoop is . When he gets there he tells us that they don't think the original sepsis that Gus had was still present...they couldn't find any sign of it in his neck. He told us that he wasn't sure the Gus would be able to think ot talk and the Gus rolled over and said "laryngiscope" and Dr. GaLoop was really impressed....then I woke up!

I'd love to hear some of your grief dreams!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I know this is one area where my sister still struggles. She still doesn't sleep well. I can't even begin to imagine what you all go through because I know how much I still hurt and ache and miss.... I am praying for you, especially hard in the upcoming weeks.