Saturday, July 28, 2007

A More Proper Intro...

Ok...I'm more awake now and I've got my coffee brewing!

Welcome to Gus' Gang! My name is Jenny and I'm blogging for COTA which is an organization that helps families who have children needing transplants. They help by providing funds and fundraising help to these families which is great because some insurance doesn't cover transplants.

This issue is close to my heart because we had a child (Gus) that was the national transplant list. Fortunately, we did not have the issues that some families have...our insurance coverage was great and we ran into no problems whatsoever. Not having to deal with all the money issues sure was wonderful because then we could truly focus on our sick child.

Gus' little body wasn't able to hold out for new organs and he died on May 31, 2006. I am so thankful that we were able to get to know Gus, play with him ...just really enjoy him without having to worry if we were going to be able to pay for his medical needs. I want other families to be able to do the same!

If you would like to sponsor me as I blog for COTA, please click HERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!!

I'm your Blogathon monitor, Stephanie! Just wanted to say hi, and let you know I'm on all day should you need anything. Hope you have a successful 'thon!

Have a great day!!
Stephanie
http://www.rmfo-blogs.com/stephanie