Sunday, July 29, 2007

Remembering Emma

Emma Cody
January 2, 2006 - July 27, 2006

Yesterday was a hard day for Emma's family. You see, yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Emma's death. I met Emma's grandmother and aunt in the waiting room at the hospital. I will never ever forget Emma's grandmother hugging me in the kitchen at the Ronald McDonald House the day after Gus died. Little did we know that in just a short time I would be the one hugging her. Loss and grief have a way of bringing people together and I'm very thankful for Emma's family and I will always hold them close to my heart.

I know the pain they are feeling right now and I want us all to pray that Emma's family will be surrounded with the peace of God. I know that Emma and Gus are friends in Heaven....and that makes me smile. Sweet....

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I will be praying for Emma's family. By the way, I do not believe that I told you what a beautiful child Gus was. That smile is something precious! The day you meet him again, will be a wonderful day indeed! I admire you and your stregnth.

You are doing awesome on this blogathon! We are getting closer and closer to the end!!

knicksgrl0917 said...

hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

Carrie said...

Thanks Jenny...you were an encouragement to us. I am so glad Emma has a playmate in Heaven and that we get to know his family here on Earth.