Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Soon...


There are times that I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that Gus is no longer here with us. It just doesn’t seem possible that he was here and now he’s gone….quickly…just like that. If I dwell on this fact for long, I start to feel myself spiraling down into that pit of deep sadness and depression…that place I don’t want to be. That is where I start to doubt our decisions in hi care….should we have moved to Pittsburgh…should we have insisted on the surgery that could have lengthened his bowel….should we have done more research…should I have….should I have…did I…did I…did I let him down? And there in that dark, dark pit I hear the words of the Lord…”No, my child. You did not let him down. “

As I try to climb my way out of the pit, I realize who’s words I have been focusing on…who has been shooting me with little fiery darts of doubt and condemnation. I remember the verse in 1 John 4:4, “Greater is He who is in me…” and I know that even though satan is attacking me, I will never be overcome by him. My source of strength is the Lord who is much more powerful.

Peace starts to envelope me and I hear the Lord yet again “It’s just a matter of time, Jenny. “ I know exactly what He is saying…I look over to my right and there, a little bit from me, is Gus on a red ride-on toy…he smiles and blows me a kiss. I turn to Jesus to say “thank you” and He smiles and says “Soon…”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Jenny. I am so sorry that things are so hard right now. I hope that they get better soon.

Thank you for posting this about Noah. We are praying so hard for each of the kids on the list!!

nancy

KC said...

(((((((HUGS))))))))) Jenny.
I'm praying for you, as well as the kids on the list.