Saturday, July 28, 2007

Moya Moya Disease

Awhile back, I listed some syndromes and diseases that I wanted to learn more about. One of those was Moya Moya Disease.

I was thrilled to get DJ's comment to my post. DJ has put together a fantastic site just chocked full of information about Moya Moya. I am really impressed at the amount of work that DJ has put into this site and I encourage you to check it out. Be sure to check out his link lists too...

I think it's a good thing to learn about these syndromes and diseases because you never know when you may met someone who is affected by them...and when that happens you will be an encouragement to them just because you took the time to learn something new!!

Quick facts about Moya Moya: This does not mean that you can skip DJ's site!!

  • It is a progressive disease that affects blood flow to the brain.
  • There is no known origin of Moya Moya
  • In children it causes strokes or seizures.
  • In adults in causes bleeding or strokes.

No comments: